Friday 13 July 2012

Zurich (part 3 - where to shop)

While I was in Zurich I wasn't really in the market for fondue sets, Swiss army knives, or high-end designer wear so I tried to look out for interesting shops selling more unique things. I managed to discover a few and even found a whole host of new labels I had never heard of before that I will now be keeping an eye out for.

One in particular is a clothing label called Toujours Toi – Family Affairs. I came across a pop-up store in the centre of Zurich by chance one day that was selling clothing by this brand and the cuts and finishes of the dresses were lovely. They had a really unique but flattering style to them and after finding the label's blog, I discovered it is quite popular with well-known fashion bloggers like Calivintage and The Clothes Horse.


For more clothing, including garments by Toujours Toi, Dings is a shop near the main train station that stocks other nice labels like Ganni, Malene Birger and Coquet jewellery.

If you are looking for eye-catching gifts then there are two shops I stumbled upon that I would recommend. One is Uniqum and the other is Einzigart. There are two Einzigart shops in Zurich and the largest is on Josefstrasse, making it a nice stop-off on your way to Viadukt (as mentioned in my first Zurich post). 
 


Viadukt itself also has plenty of shops to choose from. Although a lot of the items are very expensive, they are all worth a look. You can find bookstores, clothing stores, homeware stores and more. 

If you are more of a fan of vintage clothing and accessories then Remember Me is a lovely second hand/vintage shop with the most amazing selection of leather bags. There are 3 Caritas shops not far away from Remember Me selling very cheap second-hand items. Two of the shops stock clothes while the third one is for bric-a-brac.

Do you know of any good shops to add to this list? Let us know!

Carla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...