Thursday 15 September 2011

Cake pops

Maybe it’s the slightly cooler weather approaching or a tendency to want to hibernate this week but thoughts of nice baked goods seem to keep popping up.

Cupcakes are still a pleasure to enjoy but for a while I think we’ve been needing a new craze to take over and cake pops could fit the bill. A cake pop is essentially a ball of cake perched on the end of a lollipop stick and decorated as you please - what’s not to love?

Christi of lovefromtheoven has done a nice post on how to make cake pops and of course Bakerella has plenty of posts on the topic. Just look at some of the designs you could re-create:

lovefromtheoven
Bakerella
Bakerella
There are even websites you can buy ready-made cake pops from, such as Pop Bakery. I really like these ones:

Pop Bakery
While I think you might need some patience to get the hang of making cake pops, they would make an interesting alternative to a cake for a special occasion. 

What do you think? Would you give these a go or have you made them already?

Carla

4 comments:

  1. Hello Carla:
    We have never heard of Cake Pops......until now, that is. Creating them would certainly be way beyond our capabilities but they look great fun and perfect when just a small sweet treat is called for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane and Lance, glad we could show you something new :) We agree that these would make the perfect bite-sized treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, these look amazing!! I'd love to try and make them but I'm sure I'd make a mess =D
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sian, wish I could say I had made these myself...but that would be a lie. Give them a try, I'm sure you'll make them just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...