Tuesday 10 May 2011

Getting wrapped up in masking tape (I)

Washi tape is the name given to Japanese masking tape. It’s made of rice paper and is easy to stick and remove. For those who haven’t seen it, it provides millions of decorating and creative possibilities as it is sold in a whole range of designs and colours. If you want to find out more about its interesting history, you can read up on it here.

For some time now, I’ve been putting together the best ideas I found on the internet and when I started to prepare the post, I realised that it seems to be a widespread addiction since I had tons of material :-). So as not to overwhelm you, I’m going to divide this post into two parts.

Today, I’ll leave you with small objects and packaging that has been brought to life with masking tape. And tomorrow, part two will include original ideas for the home using the magic roll and places where you can buy it.
Glass candleholder centrepieces matching the tablecloth that can be adapted to suit the occasion by Martha Stewart.












E 


Gift wrap borders using masking tape and a pair of scissors by Creature Comforts and Hello, Friend.


Amazing personalised birthday cards by Perfectly Precocious.


I really liked this stick because of the combination of the colours and the wood although I don’t know what it can be used for :).

Decorated pegs for chic file organisation by Lilacmoon Studio. As you can see, you can write on the tape.

Another great solution to keep everything in order with a lovely selection of coloured masking tapes stuck onto a basic set of drawers by I go by Katie via Pinterest.



It can be used to decorate jars and create lovely effects by layering and crossing over the tapes, like they’ve done at Origamisan. Or instead of the jars, you could decorate the lids!

Tealights decorated with tape from Cute Tape.

Shop Ruche
Can you guess what our favourite design is? It had to be the polka dot one ;-)

Which one is your favourite out of all of today’s suggestions?




Olga

2 comments:

  1. Me encantan las tarjetas personalizadas!! me parecen tan bonitas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mi también me gustan mucho. You should check out Olga's masking tape ideas for today...there are more goodies in that post ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...