Tuesday 12 April 2011

Origami power

A few years ago, my friend Alma brought me this lovely bookmark (I like it so much though I’ve got it framed on my wall instead of inside a book) back from Japan and since then I’ve always wanted to have a go at origami.



So the other day, on one of my far too frequent visits to Tiger, I was pleasantly surprised to find one of this month’s new products – origami paper in beautiful designs and colours.

Source: Tiger Stores
 With a little skill, some paper and the right folds you can make really amazing shapes. I’ve been putting together some ideas to get down to work:


Decorative hearts from Happy Serendipity
                                                                 
Panda and Asian raccoon from Origami Club


Mushrooms from How about orange


We’d also like to use today’s post to encourage you to participate in this beautiful initiative by Makiko, a Japanese lady living in Madrid, as a symbol of support for the Japanese at such a difficult time. The idea is to make your own crane corresponding to the Japanese legend that says a desire will be granted to whoever makes 1000: Las mil grullas.
Crane from Bethan in Flickr
Olga

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! Love yours! Origami is such a fascinating world... I'll keep in touch! Big hugs from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa la muñequita!
    Me parece impresionante todo esto del origami, yo creo que sería incapaz!
    Muchas gracias por visitarme Olga and Carla!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encanta! Voy a ponerlo en práctica en cuanto pueda. Gracias por visitar el blog y gracias por quedarte :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Susana, Olga y Laura - muchas gracias por vuestros comentarios, nos encanta leerlos y ver a gente nueva por aqui! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...